The High Atlas, sometimes called Morocco’s rooftop, is an immense 750 km barrier that separates Saharan Morocco from Atlantic and Mediterranean Morocco. But this “giant” is not only a roof. It’s also a great place for pasture and sports.
It allows trekking through a diversity of landscapes, gathering gorges and terraced cultures as well as forests and the many Berber villages. Once in Marrakech where you will be welcomed at the airport, you will be transferred to the Riad at the heart of the Medina. On the next day, after a short transfer to the East of Marrakech, we will go and meet the team. We will then start a 3 hours trek, up to the place of our first bivouac, which will also be the beginning of our 4 days walk. We will go through beautiful landscapes and villages, with terraced cultures that offer an amazing contrast of colours, from the red soil to the green vegetation and the blue sky.
During this extremely high qualty trip, you will never walk more than 5 hours a day, and the difficulty level is feasable for most people. It doesn’t require to have a very high degree of fitness, and can be done with children.
During these days of total immersion in the mountain, you will meet lovely local people, willing to preserve their Berber habits and tradition. These people who mostly live secluded in the mountains, aren’t used to meeting a lot of tourists, that’s why this trip will offer you a journey on almost virgin lands.
- Code travel: CTM0615 (arrival in Marrakech)
- Date travel: September & October & april &may & June.
- Level travel: Easy (08 days)
- Accommodation: 02 nights Celia Riad in Marrakech and 05 nights camping.
- Transport: ARAHAL tours : tourist agency of transport.
- Included meals: 07 Breakfast,06 Lunch, 05 Dinner.
- Price: From 700 Euros.
- Local team: professional tour leader & Cooker, muleteers and driver.
- 01 day: arrival at Marrakech and transfer to Riad Celia.
- 02 day: driving around 120 Km to east of Marrakech then starting walking to the camp 1560m Approx 03 hrs.
- 03 day: crossing a lot of great berber village during the day Approx 05 hrs walking over night in camp 1300m.
- 04 day: walking between the fields with along tassaouet valley Approx 05 hrs walking our camp in Tizi village 1500m.
- 05 day: it's one of the beautiful day of Assaka gorge Approx 05 hrs walking,over night in Tarast village camp 1300 m.
- 06 day: we will crossing the tarast village with wonderful view of Tasmidt valley ,Approx 05 hrs walking.
- 07 day: will be walking about 03 hrs to the minibus and transfer back Marrakech .over night in Riad.
- 08 day: transfer to airport.
- Explore the fascinating Medina of Marrakech and Djemaa El Fna.
- Discover the warm hospitality of the Berber people.
- Total immersion in the berber world.