The “well-kept”and “well drawn” Essaouira was controlled by the Phoenicians and later the Carthaginians, before ending up in the Romans’ hands until the fifth century.
Well-known for its production of purple dye and salting, the city was entirely re-built under Sultan Muhamed Ben Abdallah’s reign in 1764. Thanks to trading with Europe, the harbour became the most important one in Morocco. Today, Essaouira’s treasures lie in a wider range of interests: not only has it become a paradise for windsurfing and kite surfing, but it also stages the Gnaoua and World Music Festival every year in June.
Geographically, the south of the city provides endless, beautiful, fine sand beaches with peaceful fishing villages such as Iftan. And while the sand dunes seem to plunge into the ocean, the lovely shores with their white washed constructions, will invite you to relaxing strolls.
This trek will unveil all the secrets to the mysterious Essaouira. We will spend the first night of this trip in a riad in the heart of Marrakech medina and on the next day we will set off to Tafedna where our camel drivers will be waiting for us. After a short walk along the beach, we will go to a mountain pass where we have an outstanding view on the Atlantic coast. We will then walk through a forest of argan trees and join the beach along the path leading to Sidi Ahmed Essayh. On our way to Sidi Kawki we will see the Sidi Mbarek waterfalls and will then be transferred to Essaouira where you will spend a free afternoon.
On the last day, after another transfer to Marakkech, you will spend the night at the riad and be driven back to the airport.
This trip will allow you to discover beautiful landscapes, meet local people and through the visits of Marrakech and Essaouira you will also get a cultural glimpse of this part of the country.
- Code travel: CTM 0715 ( arrival Marrakech )
- Date travel: April & may & June, July & August & September & October
- Level travel: Easy (08 days)
- Accommodation: 02 nights Celia Marrakech Riad 02 nights Riad Almadina Essaouirra 03 nights camping.
- Transport: ARAHAL TOURS Agency of tourist transport
- Included meals: 07 Breakfast,04 Lunch, 03 Dinner.
- Price: From 800 Euros.
- Local team: Moroccan guide & Cook, camel-drivers and driver.
- 01 day: arrival and transfer to the Riad.
- 02 day: transfer from Marrkech to Tafedna then meeting our camel driver team Approx 4 hrs .
- 03 day: after our breakfast will be walking from tafedna to Sidi Ahmed Sayh Approx 06 hrs.
- 04 day:following the sea from Sidi Ahmed Sayh towards Sidi M'barek ,Approx 05 hrs walking.
- 05 day: starting walking after breakfast from Sidi M'barek to Sidi kawki Approx 3 hrs walking and then drive back to wonderful town of Essaouira.
- 06 day: free day in Essaouirra.
- 07 day: transfer back to Marrakech.
- 08 day: transfer to the airport.
- Souks and medina's of Marrakech.
- Winding streets and sandy beaches of Essaouira.
- Relax in the historic coastal town of Essaouira.