Pink is the colour of the mountains, but actually, in spite of the deep blue sky and the lush green valleys, it’s the whole country that is bathed in that same pink light.
An exceptional luminosity which the photographer Xavier Richer managed to capture in his book « Maroc Lumière Berbère », along with Robert Colona d’Istria’s texts. Along this trip in the High Atlas, we invite you to come and unveil the secrets of this mysterious rocky chain of mountains.
After your arrival in Marrakech and a night at the Riad, you will be transferred to the region of Demnate. In the village of Almasa, we will meet the team of mule drivers, and after lunch, the trek will start for a 2h30 walk up to the bivouac facing the Djebel Til.
On the next day, we will spend some time with semi nomad people and their cattle, then we will climb up to a pass and will enjoy the wonderful view on Ait Tamgharin valley. We will have lunch in the village, and will walk on through the valley to join the bivouac located in Bouahi.
In the morning, we will hit the road again, and walk through a forest of junipers and Alep pine trees, before spending the night along Tassawt Oued. We will then cross Ait Hmid valley, where both authenticity and Berber way of life are preserved, along with the distinctive traditional architecture. And that is where, at 2200 m high, we will set the campsite, before climbing up to the summit and spend our last bivouac on the next day. We will eventually walk back to the valley, have lunch there, and join Marrakech again.
This medium level trek will allow you to meet local people and discover a whole range of fabulous landscapes, and be struck with the outstanding contrasts between the deep blue sky, the green valleys and the red rocks!
- Code travel: CTM0815 (arrival Marrakech)
- Date travel: September & October, may & June & July & August
- Level travel: Medium (08 days)
- Accommodation: 02 nights Celia Riad in Marrakech 05 nights camping.
- Transport: ARAHAL tours : tourist agency of transport.
- Included meals: 07 Breakfast, 06 Lunch,05 Diner.
- Price: from 900 Euros.
- Local team: professional tour leader & Cooker, muleteers and driver.
- 01 day: arrival at Marrakecch and transfer to Celia riad .
- 02 day: transfer towards the village of Almasa where we will meet our multer team and will be walking around 2 hrs and half to the camp.
- 03 day: we will be hiking up to the pass for enjoy the wonderful view of Ait Tamgharin valley. approx 05-06 to the camp.
- 04 day: we will hit the road again, and walking through the juniper and Alep pine forest trees approx 05-06 hrs to the camp.
- 05 day: we will crossing Ait Hmid valley, where both authenticity and Berber way of life are preserved approx 05-06 hrs walking to the camp.
- 06 day: we will be traversing one of the wonderful of Mchalt plateau or meeting place of shepherd .approx 06_05 hrs walking.
- 07 day: walking for 03 hrs to near the minibus and transfer back to marrakech over night in Celia riad.
- 08 day: transfer to the airport.
- Explore the fascinating Medina of Marrakech and Djemaa El Fna.
- Discover the warm hospitality of the Berber people.
- Total immersion in the berber world.