In the central high Atlas, this valley is located far from the modern world uproar. It lives peacefully, according to the rhythm of seasons. Thanks to the miracle of water, there spreads a long ribbon of colourful and changing cultures. The rammed earth houses harmoniously blend into the landscape.
Along this trip, you will meet the sedentary countrymen of the Imgoune Valley as well as semi nomad mountain goat breeders. You will have the opportunity to get a good view of Berber life, among white Mountains, green valleys, and in spring, walk along rose scented paths!
Once in Marrakech where you will be welcomed at the airport, you will be transferred to the Riad at the heart of the Medina. On the next day, another transfer will take you to Ouarzazate and the Valley of Roses where you will meet the mule team, before going on a two hours walk to join the first bivouac.
We will then be in a deserted landscape, climbing to a pass which offers an outstanding view. We’ll then walk down to Akka n’Aasker, a contrasted and colourful place in the middle of the mountains. We will meet breeders as we’ll be heading to the village of Agouti passing through the Elhote Gorges.
There will start an immersion in the heart of lush gardens, and we will continue our trip along the Meguon Oued, crossing wonderful villages with the traditional South Moroccan architecture. We will obviously get to meet the people who live there, and discover their customs and costumes.
Having discovered this amazingly colourful valley, it will be time to go back to Marrakech by transfer, via Ouarzazate again. We will be spending the night at the Riad before going to the airport on the next day.
Along this 8 days trip in the Valley of Roses you will be immersed in enchanting places where nature, villages and people will fascinate you.
- Code travel: CTM0115 , (arrival Marrakech)
- Date travel: September & October & November & March& April & may & June.
- Level travel: Easy (08 days)
- Accommodation: Celia Marrakech Riad.
- Transport: ARAHAL TOURS Agency of tourist transport.
- Included meals: 07 Breakfast, 06 Lunch, 05 Dinner.
- Price: From 900 Euros.
- Local team: Moroccan guide & Cook, muleteers and driver.
- 01day: arrival at Marrakech and transfer to Celia Riad.
- 02day: transfer to Ouarzazat via Tichka pass and through the rose valley from here will be walking around 3 hrs to the camp.
- 03day: today will be walking on dry mountain up to the pass which is offers great views ,Approx 5-6 hrs walking over night in the camp.
- 04day: after breakfast will be walking between the contrast colourful of the mountains towards the beautiful gorge elhot approx 5-6 hrs walking.
- 05day: crossing a lot of villages and zigzagging through the fields to the camp approx 5-6 hrs walking.
- 06day: walking along the Meguon riverbed with discover the traditional South Moroccan architecture.(5-6 hrs walking)
- 07day: walking from the camp about 2 hrs to meet our minibus and transfer back to Marrakech over night in Celia riad.
- 08day: transfer airport
- Discover the majestic kasbahs and lush oases of the Rose Valley.
- Discover the warm hospitality of the Berber people.
- Explore the Imperial city of Marrakech.